11 : 00 | Ahmedabad
For Ages: 15 years & above
Limited Seats | Registrations have closed.
About the Workshop:
Sketching in black and white lays a firm foundation for botanical painting. This introductory workshop will help you understand structure, volume and shading. However if you’ve been practicing a while, feel free to bring along a colouring medium of your choice (watercolours, pencils or felt pens only), and Nirupa will demonstrate some techniques along the way.
About Nirupa Rao:
Nirupa Rao is a botanical artist from Bangalore, whose work is inspired by close collaboration with natural scientists. A National Geographic Young Explorer, Nirupa received a grant to create her book Hidden Kingdom—Fantastical Plants of the Western Ghats (published in 2019). She illustrated the cover of Amitav Ghosh’s latest novel, Gun Island, and re-jacketed four of his older novels for Penguin-Random House.
WHAT TO BRING:
– A mechanical pencil for drafting.
– Unruled sketchbook or large notebook.
– Graphite pencils of different grades for shading .
– Black pens of your choice, preferably with different nib sizes.
– Colouring medium of your preference (watercolours, pencils or felt pens—we won’t have room for acrylics or oils).
– Rough unruled notebook for drawing exercises.